Procurement Services procures equipment, supplies, and services for Centralia College, Centalia College East (Morton), Garrett Heyns Education Center (Shelton), and Cedar Creek Corrections Center (Littlerock).
The priority is to obtain the best value for the taxpayers by using strict practices that adhere to state laws, procedures, and regulations.
Centralia College is always looking for new responsible and responsive vendors. If you have not previously done business with us, please send an introductory letter to our mailing address, indicating what goods or services your company can provide, or contact us to make an appointment.
Requests for Proposals
- Request for Proposals - Security Services (pdf)
- Request for Proposals - Security Services Addendum (pdf)
- Request for Proposals - Security Services Addendum 2 (pdf)
- Request for Proposals - Security Services Addendum 3 (pdf)
- W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number & Certification (pdf)
- Washington Institutions of Public Higher Education (WIPHE) Cooperative Agreement (pdf)
- State of Washington – Centralia College Terms and Conditions (pdf)
Competitive pricing is obtained whenever practical and in accordance with RCW 39.26 and RCW 28B.10.029. Procurement Services prepares specifications and obtains competition either by formal Invitation to Bid, written Request for Quote or telephone Quotes. The manner in which competitive prices are received depends on the value of the request. These dollar amounts are changed periodically by the State of Washington:
- Invitation to Bid: The process for an Invitation to Bid requires a signed and sealed formal response. Faxed bids are not allowed.
- Written Request for Quote: Procurement Services may request quotes in writing, via fax, email or U.S. mail. Responses to Requests for Quotes may also be faxed, emailed or mailed.
- Verbal Request for Quote: Vendors may provide verbal quote responses, or they may fax, or mail their responses.
All bids and quotes must be received by the date and time required.
Competitive pricing normally is obtained from those vendors on the State vendor/bid list, or those vendors who are known to supply that commodity.
Whenever practical, specifications are stated in generic terms. Specific brand names and part numbers are used only to define a standard of quality and performance required by the college, unless it is specified that no "alternates" or "equals" will be accepted. Suppliers bidding "alternates" or "equals" are required to designate their bids as such and provide descriptive literature.
Written bids or quotations must be submitted in ink or typed, completed in full and signed. (Unsigned bids will not be accepted.) Before submitting a quote or bid, review all documents for completeness and accuracy, and verify that they are signed by a person who has the authority to commit your firm.
Mark the outside envelope with the bid or quotation number (one bid per envelope). Your documents must be received in the Purchasing Department by the specified closing date and time. Late bids will not be accepted.
All purchase orders and contracts must be approved and issued by Procurement Services. Departments may place their own orders directly with vendors only with the approval of Procurement Services.
Minority & Women Owned Businesses
State policy provides opportunities for increased participation in State purchases by minority and women-owned businesses. The Office of Minority and Women's Business Enterprises (OMWBE) oversees this program.
Centralia College encourages MWBE participation. If you feel you may qualifyfor MWBE certifiation, please call or write to:
Office of Minority and Women's Business Enterprises
P.O. Box 41160
Olympia, Washington 98504-1160
360-664-9750 or 866-208-1064
Contact Procurement Services
South Entrance, Tech Building