Champions of Social Change Award
The Champions of Social Change Award recognizes the positive contributions that have promoted cultural diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, and understanding and/or awareness.
Any member of the college community, including students may nominate candidates for this award. Candidates may also self-nominate.
Nominees selected for the award serve as a change agent and have made a tangible impact promoting equity, inclusion, or social justice in the local community or region. Nominees also demonstrate characteristics in one or more of the following areas:
- Fostered meaningful relationships between diverse populations
- Challenged stereotypical perceptions of marginalized populations
- Helped people learn to communicate effectively with people of varied backgrounds
- Generated an awareness and appreciation of diverse cultures
- Has a record for enhancing awareness and understanding of diverse cultures among the general community
- Contributed to systemic/institutional/policy change to help remove barriers to historically marginalized communities