Get & Keep Your Financial Aid

Getting and keeping your award are critical to your success at Centralia College. Ensure you have the financial support you need to earn your degree or certificate by following this advice.

You’ve been awarded financial aid. Now what?

Your award is offered to you in an accepted status. Login to your ctcLink account to confirm your award. If you are not going to attend during the year, contact the Financial Aid Office to cancel your awards.

How do I pay tuition?

Once you have registered for classes, your financial aid will automatically be applied toward your tuition and fees.

If your financial aid award is not enough to cover your tuition and fees, you will be responsible for paying the remaining balance.

If you have more financial aid than your tuition and fees, not including any student employment awards (such as FWS, SWS, OF or SE), your balance check will be mailed to you at the beginning of the quarter.

If I have a balance check, when and how do I get it?

Balance checks are mailed at the beginning of each quarter if you have done everything needed to calculate your check prior to the start of the quarter.

After the first day of the quarter it will usually take about 3-5 days for the check to be available.

Failure to commence attendance in any class will result in your withdrawal and will have the potential for you owing some or all of your funding. It is your responsibility to notify your instructor(s) if you're unable to attend class.

What about books?

Books are available through the college bookstore. You cannot charge your books and supplies to your financial aid. If you want to purchase your books before you have your balance check, you will need to plan ahead and purchase them on your own.

Do I need to enroll full-time?

No, you do not need to enroll full-time to receive financial aid. Your award was based on the number of credits you indicated on the Centralia College Financial Aid Form.

If you wish to change your enrollment plan, you must request to do so to the Financial Aid Office prior to the 10th day of the quarter. Your financial aid will be adjusted accordingly.

For financial aid purposes your funding is based on the following enrollment definitions:

  • Full-time = 12 or more credits
  • Three-quarter-time = 9, 10, or 11 credits
  • Half -time = 6, 7, or 8 credits
  • Less than half-time** = 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 credits

**Limited funding is available at this credit level

If you do not inform our office that you want to adjust your enrollment level, your tuition won’t be paid automatically and you may be dropped from your classes.

What do I need to do to keep my financial aid?

You are required to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards. Students who complete all credits with at least a current and cumulative 2.00 GPA are considered to be making satisfactory academic progress.

There are also timeframe limits. Generally, a student will be funded for the number of credits needed for their certificate/degree, as published in the Centralia College catalog. Students with prior college credits may have their timeframe reduced. Federal regulations state that prior attendance MUST be considered. Timeframe may be extended up to 45 credits for college prep (below 100 level) and/or some pre-requisite classes.

What happens if I drop out of all my classes?

If you are thinking about withdrawing from all of your classes you need to speak with the Financial Aid Office. 

Financial aid funds are like job wages - going to class is your “work” and completing your classes with good grades “earns” the funding. If you drop all of your classes during a quarter (or stop attending your classes), you will lose your future financial aid eligibility. It is also highly likely that you will OWE money back to federal and state programs as well as the college. When this happens you will not be able to enroll at Centralia College until the money is paid back. If you owe federal funds, you will not be able to receive financial aid at ANY college or university.

Quarter Repayment Date*
Summer 2023 Aug. 5, 2023
Fall 2023 Nov. 7, 2023
Winter 2024 Feb. 22, 2024
Spring 2024 May 18, 2024

*If you officially withdraw or stop attending all classes on or before this date, you may be required to repay a portion of the financial aid funds you received as defined in the Refund Repayment Withdrawal Policy.


8am-5pm Monday-Wednesday
Closed Thursdays & Fridays