Upward Bound provides year-long academic support, career exploration, and college prep for students in 9-12th grades.
You are eligible to participate in Upward Bound if you:
- Are currently in 9th, 10th, or 11th grade
- Are a current student at Centralia, Rochester, OR Toledo High School
- Have academic potential
- Want to go to college
- Are willing to make a commitment to the Upward Bound program and your education
- Are a citizen or national of the US or meet residency requirements for federal financial aid. If you are unsure, please call us and we will work through it together.
You must also meet at least one of the following:
- Be a potential first-generation college student (the parent(s) you live with have not earned a four-year degree)
- Your family meets the federal limited-income requirements
- Academic Support – tutoring, study skills and test preparation
- Career Exploration – workshops, conferences, guest speakers, job shadowing, classes and mentoring
- College Prep – college applications, financial aid forms, scholarship applications, and campus tours
- Cultural Enrichment – field trips, performances and special events
Six-Week Summer Program at Centralia College*
- At least one summer's participation is mandatory
- Instruction in language arts, mathematics, foreign language, and science
- Weekly field trips and college campus visits
- Students can earn a monthly stipend of $60 for the summer program
* offered virtually during remote operations
Students can earn monthly stipends for meeting academic performance/task objectives throughout the year
- Academic year – up to $40/month
- Summer – up to $60/month
If you are interested in the Upward Bound program or if you want to refer someone else to the program, click the link highlighted above. Once we receive your information, we will reach out! it, we will reach out! We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions, please contact us. We are here to help.
Upward Bound Staff
Serves Centralia High School
Email Tony Holm
Alma Camorlinga Barragan
Office Assistant III
Upward Bound, a part of Centralia College's Trio Programs, is a federally funded program that provides career and education planning services for low-income, minority, and first generation, degree-seeking, college-bound high school students. It is funded annually at $309,505.
CONTACT TRIO PROGRAMS
TransAlta Commons, Second Floor
8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday
8 a.m.-12 p.m. Friday
Student Support Services | 360-623-8970 | email@example.com
TRIO TS | 360-623-8969 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Upward Bound | 360-623-8968 | email@example.com
Fax: 360-623-8751 (temporarily unavailable)