You'll learn the delicate art and science of phlebotomy, the taking of blood from patients for medical purposes. Learning is hands-on and focused on care, safety, and compassion.
You'll learn to competently collect blood, understand the factors that can affect procedures and testing, take appropriate safety precautions, display professionalism with patients and coworkers, and recognize the responsibilities of a phlebotomist in a working laboratory.
Degree: Certificate of Proficiency
Total Credits: 46
Notes for Students
- MATH 096 is the prerequisite to MA 130 Medical Math unless a placement score places student directly into college level math.
- Students must receive a 2.5 GPA or higher in PHLE 132 Advanced Phlebotomy to receive a certificate in the program.
- Students who have taken prerequsiting for the Nursing program may be eligible for class subsitutions.
- PSYC& 200 is a recommended elective.
Students may substitute BIOL& 170 and BIOL 172 for BIOL& 241 Human A & P 1 and BIOL& 242 Human A & P 2.
* MATH 096 is the prerequisite to MA 130 MEdical Math unless the test score places the students directly into college level math.
** Students must receive a 2.5 GPA or higher in PHLE 132 Advanced Phlebotomy to receive a certificate in the program.
For students who have taken prerequisites for Nursing, class substitutions may apply.
Phlebotomy for Healthcare Workers
Degree: Certificate of Completion
Emphasis: Phlebotomy for Healthcare Workers
Total Credits: 13
You must have a healthcare provider license (MA, RN, NA-C) or instructor permission.
- PHLE 201 Phlebotomy for Healthcare 1 - 5 credits
- PHLE 202 Phlebotomy for Healthcare 2* - 8 credits
*You must receive a 2.5 or higher in PHLE 202 Phlebotomy for Healthcare 2 to receive a certificate in the program.
ContactCareer & Technical Education
Tech (TEC) Building, Room 114
Office: SWFT Center
Email Tara Boerner