Emergencies can happen any time. Be prepared by reviewing Centralia College's emergency procedures regularly.
- Call 911 immediately and report location, nature of injury or illness, and current location.
- Call 8888 from a campus phone or 360-623-8888 from a private phone and report the above information.
- Stay with the person, if possible.
- DO NOT move the person unless they are in immediate danger.
- Provide assistance if you are able.
If you see or smell smoke or flames:
- Activate the nearest fire alarm pull station and call 911.
- Evacuate the building using the nearest exit.
- DO NOT RE-ENTER the building once you have exited, until authorized by a campus official.
DO NOT ASSUME ANY ALARM IS FALSE
- DO NOT touch or disturb the object.
- Move away from the object and call 911.
- Notify your supervisor and/or building coordinator.
- Call 8888 from a campus phone or 360-623-8888 from a private phone to alert campus security
- Be prepared to evacuate.
- Drop, Cover and Hold On.
- Stay indoors until the shaking stops.
- Stay away from windows, file cabinets and glass.
- The fire alarm and sprinkler may activate during the event.
- When the shaking stops, gather your belongings and evacuate the building.
- Be alert for aftershocks.
- Call 911 and report the location and nature of the hazard.
- Call 8888 from a campus phone or 360-623-8888 from a private phone to report the above information.
- Move away from the hazard to a safe location.
- Alert others to stay clear of the area.
- Notify emergency personnel if you believe you have been exposed or have information about the hazardous material.
To be used in the event of a possible hazardous material threat or imminent, severe weather event
- Bring everyone indoors into central locations or interior rooms - above ground floor if possible, away from windows.
- Turn off all fans and HVAC equipment.
- If you are a college employee, inform a supervisor who is with you and where you are located.
- Evacuate the building using the nearest exit or alternative if exit is blocked.
- DO NOT USE ELEVATORS.
- Exit the building and stay clear of the surrounding area.
A lockdown situation takes precedence over the fire alarm. Unless you see fire or smell smoke, follow lockdown procedures.
- If an armed or threatening intruder comes onto college property, it is very important to report it immediately to 911 and take these protective actions.
- If possible, call 8888 from a campus phone or 360-623-8888 from a private phone to report the incident.
- Move to or remain in a classroom or office and immediately lock all doors and windows, barricade the door with furniture, and turn off all lights.
- ONLY if you are on the first floor and determine it is safe to evacuate, leave by window or closest exit, and move as far away as possible.
- DO NOT attempt to leave the building if you are on the second floor or higher.
- Stay where you are until told to leave by law enforcement officers.
- If the intruder attempts to enter your room, use noise, movement, and distractions to divert their attention while you actively confront the intruder as a group.
CONTACT CAMPUS SAFETY/SECURITY
360-623-8888 Reporting Line