Book Loans & Fee Waivers
Even with tuition covered, Running Start can be expensive due to the costs of books and class fees. Centralia College works hard to keep these costs down, but Running Start students may also apply for book loans and fee waivers to further offset costs.
Book Loans Centralia College allows students to borrow textbooks for some classes.
Fee Waivers Some or all class fees may be waived, depending on eligibility and funds available.
2022-23 Income Eligibility Guidelines
|Household Size||Full Waiver*||Reduced Waiver**|
$17,667 Annual / $1,473 Monthly
|$25,124 Annual / $2,096 Monthly|
|2||$23,803 Annual / $1,984 Monthly||$33,874 Annual / $2,823 Monthly|
|3||$29,939 Annual / $2,495 Monthly||$42,606 Annual / $3,551 Monthly|
|4||$36,075 Annual / $3,007 Monthly||$51,338 Annual / $4,279 Monthly|
|5||$42,211 Annual / $3,518 Monthly||$60,070 Annual / $5,006 Monthly|
|6||$48,374 Annual / $4,029 Monthly||$68,802 Annual / $5,734 Monthly|
|7||$54,483 Annual / $4,541 Monthly||$77,534 Annual / $6,462 Monthly|
|8||$60,619 Annual / $5,052 Monthly||$86,266 Annual / $7,189 Monthly|
|Each add'l family member||$6,136 Annual / $512 Monthly||$8,732 Annual / $728 Monthly|
* Full Waiver: All books would be loaned to the student EXCEPT books that can only be used once (ex: annual editions). All fees are waived EXCEPT when a student takes excess credits, then student is responsible for voted in fees.
** Reduced Waiver: Running Start would loan at least one book, more if available.
Exceptions: Running Start does not purchase books or supplies that can only be used one time. Rather, access codes will be purchased for courses that require them.
Apply for a Book Loan or Fee Waiver
1. Submit a Book Loan & Fee Application (doc) to the Advising/Counseling Center.
2. Submit a Book Loan Request (doc) with the books you need outlined clearly.
3. Submit the required income verification documentation. Examples include the following:
- Previous Year's Income Tax Return
- Pensions, Retirement, Social Security
- SSI Verification
- Veterans Payments
- Unemployment Verification
- Disability Benefits
- DSHS Verification
- Workers Compensation Benefits
- Child Support/Alimony
- Net Income from Self-employment/Farm
Contact Running Start
TransAlta Commons, Second Floor