Book Loans & Fee Waivers
Even with tuition covered, Running Start can be expensive due to the costs of books and class fees. Centralia College works hard to keep these costs down, but Running Start students may also apply for book loans and fee waivers to further offset costs.
Book Loans Centralia College allows students to borrow textbooks for some classes.
Fee Waivers Some or all class fees may be waived, depending on eligibility and funds available.
2023-24 Income Eligibility Guidelines
|Household Size||Full Waiver*||Reduced Waiver**|
$18,954 Annual / $1,580 Monthly
|$26,973 Annual / $2,248 Monthly|
|2||$25,636 Annual / $2,137 Monthly||$36,482 Annual / $3,041 Monthly|
|3||$32,318 Annual / $2,694 Monthly||$45,991 Annual / $3,833 Monthly|
|4||$39,000 Annual / $3,250 Monthly||$55,500 Annual / $4,625 Monthly|
|5||$45,682 Annual / $3,807 Monthly||$65,009 Annual / $5,418 Monthly|
|6||$52,364 Annual / $4,3649 Monthly||$74,518 Annual / $6,210 Monthly|
|7||$59,046 Annual / $4,921 Monthly||$84,027 Annual / $7,003 Monthly|
|8||$65,728 Annual / $5,478 Monthly||$93,536 Annual / $7,795 Monthly|
|Each add'l family member||$6,682 Annual / $557 Monthly||$9,509 Annual / $793 Monthly|
* Full Waiver: All books would be loaned to the student EXCEPT books that can only be used once (ex: annual editions). All fees are waived EXCEPT when a student takes excess credits, then student is responsible for voted in fees.
** Reduced Waiver: Running Start would loan at least one book, more if available.
Exceptions: Running Start does not purchase books or supplies that can only be used one time. Rather, access codes will be purchased for courses that require them.
Apply for a Book Loan or Fee Waiver
Important Note: Waiver applications must be turned in before the start of the quarter in order to be processed on time.
1. Submit a Book Loan & Fee Application (doc) to the Advising/Counseling Center.
2. Submit a Book Loan Request (doc) with the books you need outlined clearly.
3. Submit the required income verification documentation. Examples include the following:
- Previous Year's Income Tax Return
- Pensions, Retirement, Social Security
- SSI Verification
- Veterans Payments
- Unemployment Verification
- Disability Benefits
- DSHS Verification
- Workers Compensation Benefits
- Child Support/Alimony
- Net Income from Self-employment/Farm
Contact Running Start
TransAlta Commons, Second Floor