Book Loans & Fee Waivers
Even with tuition covered, Running Start can be expensive due to the costs of books and class fees. Centralia College works hard to keep these costs down, but Running Start students may also apply for book loans and fee waivers to further offset costs.
Important News for Spring 2020
Centralia College was ordered by the governor on March 13 to move to remote operations until April 24. All classes are moving to an online or remote format for spring. If you have questions or concerns, connect with Running Start via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book Loans Centralia College allows students to borrow textbooks for some classes.
Fee Waivers Some or all class fees may be waived, depending on eligibility and funds available.
2019-20 Income Eligibility Guidelines
|Household Size||Full Waiver*||Reduced Waiver**|
$16,237 Annual / $1,354 Monthly
|$23,107 Annual / $1,926 Monthly|
|2||$21.983 Annual / $1,832 Monthly||$31,284 Annual / $2,607 Monthly|
|3||$27,729 Annual / $2,311 Monthly||$39,461 Annual / $3,289 Monthly|
|4||$33,475 Annual / $2,790 Monthly||$47,638 Annual / $3,970 Monthly|
|5||$39,221 Annual / $3,269 Monthly||$55,815 Annual / $4,652 Monthly|
|6||$44,967 Annual / $3,748 Monthly||$63,992 Annual / $5,333 Monthly|
|7||$50,713 Annual / $4,227 Monthly||$72,169 Annual / $6,015 Monthly|
|8||$56,459 Annual / $4,705 Monthly||$80,346 Annual / $6,696 Monthly|
|Each add'l family member||$5,746 Annual / $479 Monthly||$8,177 Annual / $682 Monthly|
* Full Waiver: All books would be loaned to the student EXCEPT books that can only be used once (EX: Annual editions). All fees are waived EXCEPT when a student takes excess credits, then student is responsible for voted in fees.
** Reduced Waiver: Running Start would loan at least one book, more if available.
Exceptions: Running Start does not purchase books or supplies that can only be used one time. Rather, access codes will be purchased for courses that require them.
Apply for a Book Loan or Fee Waiver
1. Submit a Book Loan & Fee Waiver Eligibility Form (doc) to the Advising/Counseling Center.
2. Submit a Book Loan Request (doc) with the books you need outlined clearly.
3. Submit the required income verification documentation. Examples include the following:
- Previous Year's Income Tax Return
- Pensions, Retirement, Social Security
- SSI Verification
- Veterans Payments
- Unemployment Verification
- Disability Benefits
- DSHS Verification
- Workers Compensation Benefits
- Child Support/Alimony
- Net Income from Self-employment/Farm
Contact Running Start
TransAlta Commons, Second Floor