IT Services & Computer Labs
Centralia College's IT team provides tech support for the college and its students.
Need IT Help? Contact the HelpDesk!
|Fall, Winter, and Spring Hours
8am-5pm Monday-Thursday(closed Friday)
Computer Labs for Students
|Washington Hall 203||8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday|
8am-5pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
FRequently Asked Questions
WAH Computer Lab
The computer lab in Washington Hall room 203 is now open from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday for limited student use. Currently only Microsoft Office/Windows OS and internet are available in the lab. Printing is unavailable at this time.
Computers in the library are available during normal library hours. Currently only Microsoft Office/Windows OS and internet are available in the lab. Printing is unavailable at this time.
Laptop, Webcam, and Hotspot Checkouts
Student Email Policy
See Policy 4.153 Student Email Required Use for details.
About Microsoft 365 / Student Email Accounts
Centralia College provides email accounts to students in partnership with Microsoft Corporation via Microsoft 365. Student email accounts are automatically generated within 48 business hours of a student’s admission to Centralia College and remain active for up to two years since their last quarter in which they were registered.
Access your Student Email Account
1. Visit the login page: www.office.com
2. Enter your username and password using this format:
Your username will be the Preferred Name you entered in your ctcLink account.
|PASSWORD FORMAT||Exclamation Point + First Initial of First Name (uppercase) + First Initial of Last
Name (lowercase) + Last Six Digits of Student ID Number
Sample Password: !Jd123456
Step 1 - Register for Self-Service Password Reset
IT is making it easier than ever for you to reset your password. We have collaborated with Microsoft to use their self-service password reset utility. This new feature, called self-service password reset (SSPR), will enable you to reset, unlock, and change your password with the added security of having an extra verification method, like a phone number or passcode to your user sign-in process.
All students will be required by Microsoft to register for self-service password reset. If you have not yet enrolled, you will automatically be taken to the enrollment screen upon your next login to Microsoft 365 in the cloud.
Steps to Register for Self-Service Password Reset:
- If you have not yet registered, you will prompted to do so upon your next login to Microsoft 365 (visit www.office.com). You can also simply visit http://aka.ms/ssprsetup in your web browser to enroll.
- Login to Microsoft 365 using your regular staff email address and password (email@example.com).
- At the SSPR Registration screen, it will present you with authentication options to set up. On your desired option, click the “Set it up now” link to proceed.
- You will need to set up at least 1 of the authentication options listed below:
- Text Messaging: Choose to send text messages to your personal mobile device.
- Phone Call: Choose to get a phone call to your registered phone number.
- Email Address: Choose to use an alternate email address that can be used without requiring your forgotten or missing password. In the Authentication Email box, input a personal (non-CC) email address you have access to, such as a Gmail or Yahoo. Instructions on creating a free gmail account: Create a Gmail account - Gmail Help (google.com)
- Security Questions: Choose to set up and answer pre-defined security questions set up by your administrator.
Step 2 - Reset your Student Email Password
After registering for Microsoft’s Self-Service Password Reset service, visit http://aka.ms/sspr or click on "Can't access your account?" or "Forgot Password" on the www.office.com sign on page to reset or unlock your account from any device.
If you are unable to reset your password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, student ID number, and an alternate contact email address.
Microsoft 365 is a collection of powerful cloud productivity apps - such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Outlook, and more - you can use across multiple devices. This subscription service is free to current Centralia College students. This agreement between Centralia College and Microsoft also allows us to provide current students with the latest version of full Office at school and at home.
- You must be a current student. Access is connected to your @student.centralia.edu email address.
- Sign in to your Microsoft 365 Portal with your student email address and password at www.office.com
To Download Office to your device(s) for free: Visit Download and install or reinstall Microsoft 365 or Office 2019 on a PC or Mac - Office Support for instructions.
The e-Learning office can provide help with online and hybrid classes. If you have Canvas, or other issues, you can contact them and they will be available to help. They can be reached at email@example.com.
BlazerNET is intended for use by students on campus. Enter the password: !14NewWorld
BlazerHOUSE is provided for students living in campus housing. Each resident is provided an individual login to BlazerHOUSE. For information regarding access, please contact Price Peterson at 360-623-8555 or email Price Peterson.
CCStaff is for employees of Centralia College. Contact your supervisor for information.
Parking Lot WiFi Access
WiFi is now accessible for free in college parking lots. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the password.
TAC Wi-Fi Access
Thirteen tables are available in the first floor lobby of the TransAlta Commons (TAC) for student use. Students have first-come, first-serve access and must bring their own laptops/devices. All visitors must check in at the computer kiosks and follow safety protocols.
The Washington State Broadband Office is making drive-in Wi-Fi hotspots available across the state. To date, 140 of the new drive-in hotspots are operational, in addition to 301 existing Washington State Library hotspots identified across the state. Find your closest hotspot here: http://www.driveinwifi.wa.gov/
Some of the local hotpots include:
- Centralia: Centralia Timberland Library
- Chehalis: Chehalis Timberland Library
- Onalaska: the elementary school and the Stanley Store/Ethel Grange
- Packwood: Packwood Timberland Library
- Morton: Lewis County PUD Office
- Mossyrock: Valley View
- Randle: Mountain View Timberland Library and the Randle substation
- Salkum: Salkum Timerland Library
- Tenino: Tenino Timberland Library
- Winlock: Winlock Timberland Library and the skate park
CC students can get 50 percent discount on ESET Internet Security. Visit the ESET Security student page and enter your Centralia College email address to get the discount.
Centralia College uses Singlewire Informacast to deliver mass emergency notifications
to students, employees, and volunteers.
Emergency notifications include weather and emergency notices and campus closure information.
Washington Hall, Room 201-2
8am-5pm Monday-Friday (closed Fridays in the summer)