Blazer Central is a student resource and success hub. It is a relaxed and supportive study and collaboration space that offers programming that promotes student success.
Blazer Central is available via WebEx virtual rooms from 9am - 2pm Tuesday through Thursday.
- Academic planning;
- Individual support for navigating the college experience and connecting to campus resources;
- Basic technology support - student email, Canvas, Microsoft Office, etc.;
- Workshops focused on study skills and habits for success, such as time management, effective reading techniques, and note-taking;
- M2IND - Mentoring/Motivating for Inspiring, Networking, and Development is a peer mentoring program that pairs students with a personal guide through the college experience.
To receive services described above at Blazer Central, you need to be a current or incoming student of Centralia College. Come in during regular hours, and we will get you matched with appropriate resources.
The Mentoring/Motivating for Inspiring, Networking, and Development (M2IND) is a peer mentoring program designed to promote academic success and career readiness.
The M2IND mission is to enhance participants’ educational performance, facilitate classroom success, build career readiness, and support persistence through to attainment of educational goals.
Centralia College has grants to help students with emergency expenses. These grants can help pay for one-time expenses that arise from things like housing, transportation, childcare, medical expenses, and more. Learn more about emergency grants at CC.
- Continuous Learning;
- Investment in student success for all students through academic and holistic support practices;
- Collaboration with staff, faculty, students, and the community;
- Equity and Access;
- All students can succeed.
To inquire about becoming either a Peer Mentor, or an Apprentice, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond with the appropriate application attached, and schedule a time to meet with you.
Contact Blazer Central
Student Success & Retention Programs
Email Erin Baker
Student Success & M2IND Program
Email Heather Beaird
Email Oscar Escalante