The Pre-Physical Therapy program is intended for those planning to pursue a professional career as a physical therapist.
The plan of study presents a challenging blend of natural and physical sciences and can be tailored to meet individual needs.
If you complete the courses recommended, you are reasonably assured of being able to transfer with junior standing to most colleges and universities in Washington State.
Pre-Physical Therapy Education Plan
Degree: Associate in Science
Emphasis: Pre-Physical Therapy
Notes for Students
A master’s degree is required for entry into professional practice as a physical therapist. Consult with your advisor as you plan your curriculum and select electives. This will allow your advisor to coordinate your program with the requirements of the institution to which you expect to transfer.
Recommended Science Electives:
- BIOL& 221, 222, 223 Majors
- BIOL& 241, 242, 243 Human A & P w/Lab I-III
- CHEM& 261, 262, 263 Organic Chemistry w/Lab I-III
- PHYS& 221, 222, 223 Engineering Physics I-III
- BIOL& 221 Majors Ecology/Evolution - 5 credits
- CHEM& 161 General Chemistry w/Lab I - 6 credits
- ENGL& 101 English Composition I - 5 credits
- BIOL& 222 Majors Cell/Molecular - 5 credits
- CHEM& 162 General Chemistry w/Lab II - 6 credits
- MATH& 151 Calculus I - 5 credits
- BIOL& 223 Majors Organismal Physiology - 5 credits
- CHEM& 163 General Chemistry w/Lab III - 6 credits
- MATH& 152 Calculus II - 5 credits
- BIOL& 241 Human Anatomy & Physiology I OR PHYS& 221 Engineering Physics I - 5 credits
- Health and Fitness Distribution - 3 credits
- Social Science Distribution - 5 credits
- BIOL& 242 Human Anatomy & Physiology II OR PHYS& 222 Engineering Physics II - 5 credits
- MATH& 146 Introduction to Statistics - 5 credits
- Humanities Distribution - 5 credits
- BIOL& 243 Advanced Topics in Human Anatomy & Physiology OR PHYS& 223 Engineering Physics III - 5 credits
- Social Science or Humanitities Distribution - 5 credits
- Elective - 5 credits