How to register online
Visit Student Web Services
to access the Registration Login and complete these steps:
- Enter your Student Identification Number (SID).
- Enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Your quarterly PIN number is obtained from your advisor.
- Select the quarter term you are registering for, and click 'Register'.
- The Welcome form provides you with registration-related college information and to verify your identity. If the name that appears on the Welcome form is incorrect, contact the Registration office as soon as possible. To register, click 'Continue'.
- The Registration form displays your schedule, tuition and fee information, and messages.
- To add or drop classes: In the item number fields in the vertical frame of the Registration form, enter the item number of the classes you want to add or drop. Click 'Submit Add/Drop'.
- Online registration is available daily from approximately 6am to 10pm (PST). If you encounter any problems or need assistance, contact the Enrollment Services Office during business hours at (360) 736-9391, ext. 221.
- If you enter an item number for which you are already registered, the process will treat the request as a drop. If you enter an item number for which are not registered, the process will treat the request as an add.
- You may see error or informational messages appear on the top horizontal frame of the Registration form. Error messages inform you when a problem has occurred that will block registration for the specific class. Example error messages:
- This class is cancelled.
- Permission is required to register for this class.
- Invalid item number.
- Informational messages provide additional information about the class you are adding or dropping, but do not block registration. Example informational messages:
- Warning: dropping classes may affect your financial aid.
- You may be eligible for a senior citizen discount.
- Warning: schedule time conflict – registration allowed.
Viewing your schedule
As you add or drop classes, your schedule appears in the center horizontal frame on the right side of the Registration form. Information listed for each class includes item number, course identifier, credits, audit class identifier, days the class meets, class times, Building and room, class fees, and instructor name. Web registration is ‘real time’ or immediate.
Printing your schedule
Since the Registration form is made up of four frames, it is difficult to print a copy of your schedule as it appears on this form. To print a copy of your schedule and your charges and payment information, you must go to the 'View My Schedule' link under the 'Finish' button at the bottom of the Registration form.
A Change Credits button will appear directly below your schedule if you have registered for a class that is variable credit. A variable credit class is a class where you can earn any number of credits between 1 and the maximum credits attached to the class. When you register for a class, you are registered for the maximum number of credits allowed for the class. You can then change the number of credits that you are registered for the class.
- On the Registration form, click the Change Credits button beneath your schedule.
- The variable credit classes you are registered for appear in a pop up window.
- In the Credit field, change the number in the field to the number of credits you want. For example, change 5.0 to 3.0. You cannot register for half or partial credits, for example, 3.5 or 4.2.
- Click the OK button.
- The changed credits appear in the credit field of the class.
Viewing your charges and payments
Charges, payments, financial aid, and refunds for tuition and class fees are listed on the bottom horizontal frame of the Registration form. Only tuition and class fees are included in the listing of charges and payments. Additional charges may be assessed at the time you pay tuition and fees. Additional charges may include parking, day care, insurance, student fees, technology fees and additional class fees.
Printing your charges and payments
To print a copy of your schedule and your charges and payment information, you must go to the 'View My Schedule' link under the 'Finish' button at the bottom of the Registration form.
Once you are finished registering for classes, you can select the 'Finish' button on the bottom of the page to view or verify your address or to print a copy of your schedule. When you select the 'Finish' button, two frames appear: the left frame provides options available through links. The right frame is additional information that your college has provided regarding registration, classes, charges, payments, and financial aid.
Verifying your address
Select the 'View My Address' link to see the current address on record at the college. If the address is not correct, follow these procedures to update it:
- Click the Change My Address button on the Current Address Information frame.
- Make changes in the address and phone fields as necessary.
- Click the Submit Address Change button.
- If your address is successfully changed, a message pops up indicating your address has changed.
- Click OK. The new address is displayed.
Printing your schedule, charges and payment information
Select the 'View My Schedule' link to see your class schedule, tuition and fee charges, and any payments or financial aid that has been applied. You can print a copy of your schedule and charges and payment information my clicking on the schedule frame and using your browser print function.