Student Support Services
What is Student Support Services?Student Support Services (SSS) is a federal TRiO program funded by the Department of Education, started in 1965 after the passing of the Higher Education Act. Its goal is to provide opportunities for academic development, assist students with basic college requirements, and to motivate students toward the successful completion of their postsecondary education.
Student Support Servicesí intent is to aid first-generation (neither parents have a 4-year degree), economically disadvantaged, and students with disabilities to stay in college and/or transfer to a 4-year institution to earn their bachelor's degree.
Contact SSSWe are located on the upper level of the Student Center (diagonally across from the Cashier's Office). For more information about the SSS program or to schedule an appointment, contact us Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at (360) 736-9391, ext. 201.
- FREE Educational planning
- FREE Transfer advising and planning
- FREE Financial aid information guidance
- FREE FAFSA application assistance
- FREE Campus referrals and advocacy
- FREE Scholarship resources
- FREE Study center and computer access
- FREE Math tutoring (group + one-on-one)
- FREE College visits/tours
- FREE Cultural activities
- FREE Educational workshops
- FREE Career exploration
- FREE Personal Statement assistance
- FREE Special events and social activities
Do you qualify for SSS?To qualify for Student Support Services, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen or national of the U.S. or meet the residency requirements for Federal Financial Aid
- Be economically disadvantaged (see current low-income levels)
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parent has received a 4-year degree)
- Have a physical or documented learning disability
How to applyOnce you complete an application and eligibility has been verified, an orientation will be scheduled so we can learn more about your needs and interests. At SSS we will work with you to develop an Educational/Career Plan that addresses your academic, career and personal concerns. You will then be guided through the program benefits and opportunities here at SSS, as well as the policies and the procedures.
To apply, stop by our office, call (360) 736-9391, ext. 201, or e-mail email@example.com.
Scholarship information & tools
- 10 Things You Should Know About Scholarships: PDF | DOC
- Guidelines for Letters of Recommendation: PDF | DOC
- Personal Statements: PDF | DOC
- Nursing Scholarship Info: PDF | DOC
|Liisa Preslan, Director
Contact Liisa Preslan
|Thorlea (Pete) Kirtz, Program Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 419
|Jason Moir, Program Specialist
Contact Jason Moir
|Kat Kaut, Secretary Senior
Contact Kat Kaut
|Austin Majors, Transfer Specialist
Contact Austin Majors