Advising for New Students
3 Steps to Advising
The following three steps must be completed before a student is entered into the advising system (see How to Register
for priority students).
- Apply for admission. Once your application is received, a file is set up for you in the Admissions & Records Office.
- Take the placement test (COMPASS) at the Testing Center.
- Request official transcripts from schools you have attended to be sent to the Admissions & Records Office.
After you apply for admission and take the placement test, contact the Advising/Counseling Center to meet with a faculty advisor for assistance in registering for classes. The Advising/Counseling Center is located in the basement of the Student Services building, (360) 736-9391, ext. 265. During your advising session, you will:
- Discuss your educational plans
- Review your placement test results
- Select and schedule classes
- Register and pay tuition and fees
See Important Dates and Deadlines