Centralia College Scholarships
Centralia College offers on average over 150 scholarships each year, and you may be eligible to have all or part of your tuition paid for by a scholarship. You can find out whether you are eligible by checking the Scholarship Eligibility section below. Even if you're not sure whether you are eligible, you are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Valedictorians and Salutatorians: Full tuition scholarships (up to 18 credits) are available for valedictorians and salutatorians who apply through the college's online process and complete the required FASFA. These scholarships are coordinated with Financial Aid awards which means that although we award your scholarships based on a valedictorian/salutatorian status, we may adjust the scholarship amount based on your Financial Aid award, if you receive one.
- STEM Students: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) applicants follow the regular online application process and must also complete the STEM section of the application. Criteria to meet STEM eligibility is listed on the application.
- Bachelor Students: Bachelor students applying for a scholarship must complete the BASM scholarship process at http://bachelors.centralia.edu/tuition.html.
WSU Community College Presidents' Award
- WSU-Vancouver Community College Presidents' Award: Two years of full tuition for a transfer student from Centralia College to WSU-Vancouver. The award will be available for the 2014 fall semester. The full-tuition award requires the nominee to register as a full-time student and will be renewable for one additional year as long as the renewal criteria are met.
For more information, please contact:
Michael Threapleton, email@example.com, 360-736-9391, ext. 406.
How to Apply for CC Scholarships
Submitting the online scholarship application will include you for consideration for all Centralia College Foundation Scholarships. If you are eligible, you will be considered for all scholarships in which you meet the specific selection criteria established by the donor. Selection criteria may include academic achievement, intended major, leadership ability, and financial need. Your application will be matched to an appropriate scholarship. Notification of awards will come in the spring for the following fall quarter.
2014-15 CC Scholarship Application is closed
- To complete your scholarship application, you must first apply for admission and have your Student Identification number (SID):
- For maximum scholarship consideration, submit the following by April 15, 2014:
- The online scholarship application for the 2014-15 college year has been reopened for a second round of awards. Your completed application must be submitted to the college by April 15, 2014:
About CC Scholarship AwardsCentralia College has scholarships that have been established by the generosity of alumni, parents, and friends of the college. The Centralia College Foundation plays a major role in raising scholarship dollars. Students may receive scholarship awards based on grade point average, community service/work experience/school activities, recommendations, and an essay. Scholarships range from $300 to full tuition and may be available for a second year if recipients reapply. See Centralia College Foundation Scholarships for a list of previous recipients of CCF scholarships.
Scholarship EligibilityStudents receiving Centralia College Scholarships must comply with the following policies:
- Scholarships are awarded for the entire academic year and will be credited to your student account, one third each for the fall, winter, and spring quarters. Scholarships cannot be used for summer quarter enrollment.
- Almost all scholarships require that you are enrolled for at least 12 credits (full time) each quarter and maintain at least a 3.0 grade point average.
- Scholarships can only be applied towards the cost of tuition unless otherwise indicated. Should you at any time exceed the cost of tuition by receiving other scholarships, financial aid, 529 pre-paid tuition plans (excluding loans and employment earnings) which is required to be applied to tuition, your scholarship or other financial aid may be reduced or withdrawn accordingly.
- Students who receive scholarships are required to write a thank you letter to the donor and attend the fall Scholarship Award Night.
- Full eligibility criteria is available in the scholarship application packet.
Reporting Outside ScholarshipsAdditional financial assistance will be applied to any remaining unmet financial need. If your demonstrated financial need has already been met with other federal or state programs, this additional funding will result in your need-based financial aid being reduced.
If your need-based financial aid must be reduced, the reductions occur in the following order: work-study, scholarship, and state grant assistance.
State grant or waiver programs are need-based awards and will be reduced in a financial aid package if the total amount of scholarships combined with the grant assistance exceeds demonstrated financial need.