Student Job CenterThe Student Job Center can help Centralia College students find part-time jobs to supplement their educational costs. The office has an open door policy, various resources and caring staff to assist students with their job search.
Steps to Getting a Student Job
Student Employment Programs
- Federal Work Study On-campus—must be financial aid (FA) eligible
- Non need-based on-campus employment
- Federal Work Study Community Service on and off campus— must be FA eligible
- State Work Study On-campus—must be FA eligible
- State Work Study Off-campus—must be FA eligible
- Federal Work-Study Reading/Math Tutor—must be FA eligible
- Cooperative Work Experience Handbook—earn credits for on-the-job learning experience related to your area of study
Student Job Referral Appointments
Use our online appointment calendar to:
- Schedule job referral appointments
- Schedule an appointment to complete your paperwork after you're hired
Student Employment News
Job Posting Disclaimer for Non Need-based Employment
All hiring and compensation for work performed by student employees is handled directly between the student and the employer. The Student Job Center does not perform background checks on students applying for jobs, nor on employers posting job opportunities. Employers and students are encouraged to request reference information from each other as needed to establish qualifications, credentials and overall fit between the employer and the student applicant.
All job listings are posted at the discretion of the Student Job Center. We will not post jobs that appear to discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, disabled or Vietnam Era veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, and genetic information. The Student Job Center also reserves the right to refuse to post jobs that do not support the interests of the college.
The Student Job Center makes no particular recommendations regarding employers. We make no representations or guarantees about positions posted by this office. We are not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of non need-based, off-campus employment. Students are urged to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting private off-campus employment. While jobs posted on our Job Board are intended to reach college students, employers must expect that jobs may be viewable by the general public.