Mission of Centralia College
The mission of Centralia College is to improve people's lives through lifelong learning.
Our Core Themes
- Access, Diversity, Persistence: Centralia College shall make the benefits of higher education accessible by enrolling a wide range of students including people who have been traditionally underserved; by progressing and graduating a significant number of students; and by making its educational offerings as affordable as possible.
- Educational Programs: Centralia College shall provide to our greater community an ever-increasing number of educated people having the knowledge and skills to become lifelong learners and productive and responsible citizens, more capable of realizing their highest human potential.
- Stewardship: Centralia College shall serve as a model of effective stewardship to the citizens of Washington State by prudently managing resources; providing training and qualified college employees; and continuously implementing sustainability best practices.
Core Theme Development
- Respect: We value the worth and dignity of the individual.
- Responsibility: We value the unique contributions of college individuals by recognizing that each performs an essential role in responding to the educational and service needs of the community.
- Responsiveness: We value effective collaboration as the college responds to the changing social, political, economic, and technological needs of our community.
Our CommitmentCentralia College seeks to fulfill its mission by ensuring student success through our commitment to:
- Promote learning activities within the community the college serves.
- Offer opportunities for learners of all ages to gain knowledge and understanding.
- Respond to training and retraining requests in various skill areas.
- Provide respectful forums in which individuals may examine their values.
- Encourage learners to pursue multiple options for learning.
- Manage responsibly the assets and fiscal resources of the college.
- Demonstrate our values to our community.
- Provide a civil and non-disruptive learning environment.