The Writing Center reopens Monday, April 8th.
Spring Quarter hours:
Stop by the center for free, drop-in assistance with college writing at any phase of the process. The center offers computer stations (with ADA accommodations), reference materials, faculty and student consultants, workshops, and a coffee/conversation area.
Writing Center Workshop SeriesThe following PowerPoints cover documentation topics :
- An Overview of Plagiarism: Intentional or Not?
- Using Summary & Paraphrase
- MLA Documentation for the Humanities
- APA Documentation for the Social Sciences
Congratulations to the winners of our Memoir Contest:
- First Place: "Protesting the Pumps" by Sarahann Swain
- Second Place: "Going Back" by Michele Gallagher
- Third Place: "Goodbye my Soldier, Come Home Soon" by Jessie Riley
April is National Poetry Month, sponsored by the Academy of American Poets.
And in celebration of poetry, "NaPoWriMo was founded in 2003, when poet Maureen Thorson decided to take up the challenge (modeled after NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month), and challenged other poets to join her. Since then, the number of participants has gotten larger every year, and many writers' organizations, local, national and even international, organize NaPoWriMo activities."
The Writing Center's quarterly contest is in the poetry genre as well - details to come.