Running Start Placement Testing
See Testing Center Services
for info about testing at Centralia College.
College Placement Test:
Who needs to test?
All Running Start applicants.
What are the tests like?
- Multiple choice tests used to identify skill levels in reading, writing, and math.
- College placement testing is done on a computer and features no time limit.
- College placement testing is available on a walk-in basis, without appointment.
- Allow 1 to 2 hours for testing.
What do I do to arrange testing?
- Get a student ID number from the Advising/Counseling Center.
- Pay $15 testing fee at the Cashier's Office.
- See Testing Center Services at Centralia College.
What will I need to bring to the test?
- You will need to bring picture ID, cashier receipt, and student ID number.
- Pencils, pens and scratch paper are supplied.
What happens after testing?
- Immediately after testing, you will get a placement report with your scores.
- To be eligible for Running Start, you need to test at the college level in Reading and either Writing or Math.
- Students who do not test at college level can retest for the section(s) not passed. Call 736-9391, ext. 265, for more information about retaking the test. Only one retest per quarter will be allowed.