skip to contentskip to content

Running Start/High School Student

How to Enroll

  1. Complete the Running Start application form. Submit to the Counseling Center.
  2. Have your official high school transcript sent to the Admissions and Records Office.
  3. Take the college placement test. See Running Start Placement Testing.
  4. To qualify for Running Start, a student must test at college level on the Reading and either the Writing or Math Sections.
  5. Schedule an appointment with a Running Start Advisor by calling the Counseling Center at 736-9391, ext 265 or Centralia College East (in Morton) at 496-5022.
  6. The student and a parent or guardian must attend a mandatory Running Start orientation. See the orientations schedule for dates and times.
  7. Register at the Admissions and Records Office with your registration form and the completed and signed Running Start Verification Form.
For more information, call 736-9391, ext 265.

College in the High School

Qualified high school juniors and seniors may be eligible to enroll in college-level classes at their high school through the College in the High School program. College in the High School classes are taught by high school teachers who meet Centralia College appointment criteria. Courses vary by high school, but adhere to the same academic standards as those offered on the college campus. College in the High School programs are established through a contract between a school district and Centralia College.

Contact your local school district to see if College in the High School classes are available, and for information about schedules and the application process.