RN Nursing Program
Frequently Asked Questions
- What steps do I need to take to get admitted to the nursing program?
- How recently do I need to have taken the prerequisite algebra and chemistry classes?
- What about this requirement of "eligibility for NAC certification" for admission to the practical nursing (PN) program?
- I'm not ready to take nursing classes yet, but I am interested in becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant (NAC). Can I do this at Centralia College?
- How can I pay for my nursing education?
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1. What steps do I need to take to get admitted to the nursing program?
Your first step is to apply for general admission to Centralia College. All requirements are explained in detail in the Application Processs. If you have any questions, please contact Claudia Garcia at email@example.com or Admissions@centralia.edu.
2. Are there any important specifications for the required and recommended courses?
- All required and recommended courses must be taken for a grade at a regionally accredited college or university. Applicants must earn a grade of at least 2.0 in each course.
- Math and science required and recommended courses must have been completed within ten years prior to the application deadline.
- Courses may be repeated no more than once. The highest grade in each repeated course will be selected for admission purposes.
- The criteria listed above cannot be appealed.
3. What about this requirement of "NAC certification" for admission to the nursing program?
Centralia College now requires incoming students to be fully certified as an NAC in Washington State. This includes both completion of the training class and passing the state exam. The nursing program can then focus on skilled nursing from the very beginning. An NAC training course, HLSV 131, is offered by the college each quarter. This course also may be taken at various local long term care facilities. Please note that NAC classes often fill quickly, and you are encouraged to sign up right away.
4. I'm not ready to take nursing classes yet, but I am interested in becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant (NAC). Can I do this at Centralia College?
Yes. Contact the Continuing Education office at 360-736-9391, ext. 427.
5. How can I pay for my nursing education?
There are scholarships and Federal and State financial aid available. Contact the Financial Aid office at 360-736-9391, ext. 234.