Prepare for employment in the nursing profession...
Centralia College offers a nursing program to prepare eligible graduates to write the licensure examination for practical or registered nursing. Students who successfully complete all six quarters of the nursing program will receive an Associate in Applied Sciences-Transfer (AAS-T) degree, and be eligible to write the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nursing (NCLEX-RN). In addition to preparing students for employment in the nursing profession, the AAS-T degree provides science and general education courses appropriate for students planning to transfer into selected four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) programs.
Students who successfully complete the first 4 quarters of the nursing program may receive a Certificate of Proficiency and be eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN) (PN exit option).
A maximum total of 24 students are selected each year for the two-year (six-quarter) program. Up to 5 spaces may be filled by students in rank order from the previous year's alternate list. Selection is competitive. For complete details, see Nursing Program Selection Criteria and Notification (pdf).
Students seeking mid-program transfer or readmission will be considered for admission only on a space available basis. For more information, see Nursing Program Advanced Placement (pdf).
In order to be considered for admission to the nursing program, you must complete all of the following:
- Apply online for general admission to Centralia College at Web Admissions.
- Thoroughly review all Nursing Program Admission Requirements (pdf)— for Fall 2013.
- Submit the Application for RN Nursing Program (pdf) via email and the $25 non-refundable application fee. You have two payment options: 1) send a check made payable to Centralia College (include name and SID) to: Enrollment Services, Centralia College, 600 Centralia College Blvd, Centralia WA 98531-4099; OR 2) pay in person at the Cashier's Office. Your application will not be processed until your non-refundable $25 application fee is received. Application deadline is by April 12, 2013.
- If you are transferring credit, submit official copies of transcripts from all previous colleges attended to Enrollment Services by June 28, 2013. Credit evaluations are unofficial until all official college transcripts and a completed nursing application are received and processed.
- Submit documentation confirming that you are Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) in Washington State to Enrollment Services by June 28, 2013. Please note that NAC classes and testing appointments often fill quickly, and you are encouraged to plan ahead.
- Submit official scores from the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) to Enrollment Services by June 28, 2013.
- Apply online for Financial Aid and Scholarships by the priority deadline—do not delay! For more information, contact Financial Aid at (360) 736-9391, ext. 234.
Admission, Placement, Selection, and Requirements
- Admission Requirements— for Fall 2013
- Advanced Placement
- FAQs about the TEAS test - for Fall 2013
- Selection Criteria and Notification— for Fall 2013
- Requirements for Admitted Students
For more information, contact:
600 Centralia College Blvd.
Centralia WA 98531
NURSING CONTACT & INSTRUCTORS:
- Nola Ormrod, Director, Nursing Program
(360) 736-9391 ext. 449
- Chuck Hill, Asst. Professor
(360) 736-9391, ext. 678
- Durelle Sullivan
Dean of Instruction, Workforce Education
(360) 736-9391, ext. 378
Email Durelle Sullivan
- Karie Jorgensen
(360) 736-9391, ext. 623
Email Karie Jorgensen
- Angie Heaton
(360) 736-9391, ext. 483
Email Angie Heaton
Search Nurse Positions
Search Thousands of Entry Level Jobs, Externships & Scholarship Opportunities on CampusRN
CampusRN Scholarships available to Nursing & Allied Health students