Parent EducationParent education supports parents and caregivers by promoting quality learning for young children. Every parent can benefit from support and education during their child's growth and development periods, and the uniqueness of each parent and child is emphasized and encouraged. Classes are offered quarterly throughout Lewis County.
Parenting Classes Offered
- Strengthening Families—In this 7-week video based class for parents and youth, students have an opportunity to learn problem solving and communication skills, strategies for decreasing power struggles, and ways to have fun and increase family harmony. Offered evenings in various locations in Lewis County.
- Love and Logic—A 10-week parent training designed to help parents feel more confident and relaxed while having more fun parenting. Offered afternoon or evenings both on and off campus.
- Winning at Fatherhood—Learn winning ways to build bonds as a nurturing father.
- Positive Parenting (online)—Gain insights to children's behavior and development. Learn strategies for guiding them through developmental stages in an online format.
- Learning with Infants and Toddlers—Parents learn to understand and enjoy their child's first three years of life. Lectures and discussions focus on physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and language development of children birth through 36 months. Children attend with parents and participate in learning activities, music, play and art, interactively with their parents.
TIPS (Training in Positive Parenting Skills)In this class, students learn positive parent-child interaction skills through parent education and parent-child activities.
Class Times: T/TH 9:30-11:30am OR T/TH 5:30-7:30pm (following the college's quarterly Class Schedule).