Certificate of Proficiency
PurposeThe Office Assistant Certificate program prepares students for entry-level employment as office assistants. Prerequisites include: demonstrated proficiency in math, reading, English, and basic keyboarding skills.
Program OutcomesStudents who successfully complete this program should be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to keyboard with speed and accuracy.
- File correctly using alphabetic, numeric, geographic, and subject filing systems.
- Apply rules of grammar, punctuation, and spelling in written and oral communications.
- Prepare documents using word processing software.
- Format business letters, memos, reports, tables, and newsletters to office standards.
- Solve basic business math problems.
- Operate a 10-key electronic calculator by touch.
- Analyze and calculate data using spreadsheet software.
- Demonstrate the ability to relate effectively with others in the classroom.
- Demonstrate human relations skills and professional behavior necessary for successful job performance.
- Prepare documents using advanced features of word processing software.
- Enter data using database software.
- Develop effective presentations using presentation software.
- Organize data using business math and practical accounting.
- Prepare a resume and letter of application.
- Possess a basic understanding of receiving office visitors, using the telephone, scheduling appointments, customer service and confidentiality skills in an office.
- Develop effective communications skills using electronic software.
Recommended course schedule
Prerequisites include: demonstrated proficiency in math, reading, English, and basic keyboarding skills.
|ACCT 110||Practical Accounting I||3|
|BTEC 102||Skillbuilding I||3|
|BTEC 110||Business English||5|
|BTEC 210||Word I||5|
|ACCT 120||Practical Accounting II||3|
|BTEC 214||Excel I||5|
|HLTH 145||Safety & Fitness||3|
|BTEC 120||Applied Business Math||3|
|Power Point Module||1|
|BTEC 224||Office Procedures||5|
|H R 110||Human Relations-Workplace||5|
Gainful Employment Disclosure
The U.S. Education Department's Gainful Employment regulations require disclosure of certain program information to students and prospective students.
Estimated Quarterly Program Costs
(subject to change without notice)
|Resident Tuition (15 credits) and fixed fees*||
|US Citizen Nonresident Tuition (15 credits) and fixed fees*||
|Non US Citizen Nonresident Tuition (15 credits) and fixed fees*||
|Books and supplies (estimate)||
Refer to quarterly class schedule
For Gainful Employment information please click "here".*Tuition is subject to change due to State Legislative actions