Medical Office Assistant
Certificate of Proficiency
PurposeThe Medical Office Assistant Certificate program combines general office skills with students in medical terminology, human biology, medical office procedures, and medical machine transcription.
Students who successfully complete this program should be able to:
- File correctly using alphabetic, numeric, geographic, and subject filing systems.
- Apply rules of grammar, punctuation, and spelling in written and oral communications.
- Prepare documents using word processing software.
- Format basic business letters, memos, reports, tables, and newsletters to office standards.
- Solve basic business math problems.
- Operate a 10-key electronic calculator by touch.
- Analyze and calculate data using spreadsheet software.
- Demonstrate the ability to relate effectively with others in the classroom.
- Demonstrate human relations skills and professional behavior necessary for successful job performance.
- Use medical terms correctly.
- Obtain a first aid certificate.
- Demonstrate an understanding of human biology.
- Write simple business letters and memos.
- Prepare a resume and letter of application.
- Transcribe medical documents from recorded dictation.
- Possess a basic understanding of medical office procedures using medical charts and records, electronic records,
receiving visitors, scheduling appointments, and confidentiality in a medical office.
Recommended course schedule
|AHC 107||Electronic Medical Records||3|
|BTEC 102||Skillbuilding I||3|
|BTEC 260||Medical Terminology||4|
|HR 110||Human Relations-Workplace||5|
|BTEC 110||Business English||5|
|BTEC 210||Word I||5|
|BTEC 214||Excel I||5|
|BIOL& 170||Human Biology||5|
|BTEC 261||Medical Office Procedures||5|
|BTEC 120||Business Math||3|
|HLTH 145||Safety & Fitness||3|
Gainful Employment Disclosure
The U.S. Education Department's Gainful Employment regulations require disclosure of certain program information to students and prospective students.
Estimated Quarterly Program Costs
(subject to change without notice)
|Resident Tuition (15 credits) and fixed fees*||
|US Citizen Nonresident Tuition (15 credits) and fixed fees*||
|Non US Citizen Nonresident Tuition (15 credits) and fixed fees*||
|Books and supplies (estimate)||
Refer to quarterly class schedule
For Gainful Employment information please click "here".*Tuition is subject to change due to State Legislative actions