Land Survey Technician
Certificate of Proficiency
PurposeThe Land Survey Technician Certificate of Proficiency program is designed for students who only want a Land Surveying credential. Courses in this certificate are part of the first year of a Civil Engineering ATA degree.
Students who successfully complete this program should be able to:
- Demonstrate proven field safety actions, including: appropriate clothing and protective equipment, use of protective devices provided, lift, carry and walk safely in field conditions, avoid actual and potential hazards, recognize and alert co-workers to all observed risks.
- Exhibit fully reliable work habits, consistent with established employment norms for presence, punctuality, and timely task completion with acceptable quality.
- Demonstrate proper care and handling of sensitive measuring equipment.
- Participate in trigonometric leveling operations correct within one tenth of a foot.
- Perform necessary field calculations to stakeout a horizontal curve.
- Diagram section subdivisions in relation to the section, township, range, standard parallel, guide meridian, base line and principle meridian.
|CET 112||Computer Aided Drafting I||5|
|CET 120||Survey I||5|
|MATH 100||Technical Math||5|
|H R 110||Human Relations||5|
|CET 113||Computer Aided Drafting II||5|
|CET 121||Survey II||5|
|MATH 110||Technical Math II||3|
|COMM 101||Written Communications||3|
|CET 114||Computer Aided Drafting III||5|
|CET 122||Survey III||4|
|CET 132||Survey Computations||3|
|CET 101||Flagging Certification||1|
Students must complete each CET class with a 2.0 or higher to qualify for the next CET class and a program GPA of 2.0 or better to receive the certificate.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
The U.S. Education Department's Gainful Employment regulations require disclosure of certain program information to students and prospective students.
Estimated Quarterly Program Costs
(subject to change without notice)
|Resident Tuition (15 credits) and fixed fees*||
|US Citizen Nonresident Tuition (15 credits) and fixed fees*||
|Non US Citizen Nonresident Tuition (15 credits) and fixed fees*||
|Books and supplies (estimate)||
Refer to quarterly class schedule
For Gainful Employment information please click "here"*Tuition is subject to change due to State Legislative actions