Land Survey Technician
Certificate of Proficiency
PurposeThe Land Survey Technician Certificate of Proficiency program is designed for students who only want a Land Surveying credential. Courses in this certificate are part of the first year of a Civil Engineering ATA degree.
Students who successfully complete this program should be able to:
- Demonstrate proven field safety actions, including: appropriate clothing and protective equipment, use of protective devices provided, lift, carry and walk safely in field conditions, avoid actual and potential hazards, recognize and alert co-workers to all observed risks.
- Exhibit fully reliable work habits, consistent with established employment norms for presence, punctuality, and timely task completion with acceptable quality.
- Demonstrate proper care and handling of sensitive measuring equipment.
- Participate in trigonometric leveling operations correct within one tenth of a foot.
- Perform necessary field calculations to stakeout a horizontal curve.
- Diagram section subdivisions in relation to the section, township, range, standard parallel, guide meridian, base line and principle meridian.
|CAD 112||Computer Aided Drafting I||5|
|CET 120||Survey I||5|
|TMATH 100||Technical Math||5|
|H R 110||Human Relations||5|
|CAD 113||Computer Aided Drafting II||5|
|CET 121||Survey II||5|
|TMATH 110||Technical Math II||3|
|WRT 105||Writing in the Workplace||3|
|CAD 114||Computer Aided Drafting III||5|
|CET 122||Survey III||4|
|CET 132||Survey Computations||3|
|CET 101||Flagging Certification||1|
Students must complete each CET/CAD class with a 2.0 or higher to qualify for the next CET/CAD class and a program GPA of 2.0 or better to receive the certificate.