Certificate of Completion
The NAC Plus Certificate of Completion is designed for students who are interested in pursuing an entry level career in healthcare. Completion of the certificate components prepares students to work in the specific specialties of Mental Health, Dementia, and Nurse Delegation in addition to regular NAC roles. Upon successful completion of this certificate program students should be prepared to take the NAC State Certification exam and receive three additional industry recognized endorsements.
Students who successfully complete this program should be able to:
- Understand the Long-term Care Ethical and Legal Responsibilities and the Uniform Disciplinary Act as it pertains to the Nursing Assistant role.
- Describe the role of a Nursing Assistant.
- Exhibit communication and interpersonal skills.
- Respect resident's rights and independence.
- Pass the state Nursing Assistant certification exam.
- Pass the state Fundamentals of Caregiving exam.
- Pass the state Mental Health certification exam.
- Pass the state Nurse Delegation & Diabetes exam.
- Pass the state Mental Health exam.
- Pass the state Dementia exam.
- Pass HIV/AIDS certification.
- Successfully complete the 45 hour clinical experience.
Offered Every Quarter
|HLSV 132||Nurse Delegation, Diabetes||2|
|HLSV 133||Mental Health||1|
|HR 110||Human Relations-Workplace||5|
Estimated Quarterly Program Costs
(subject to change without notice)
|Resident Tuition (15 credits) and fixed fees*||
|US Citizen Nonresident Tuition (15 credits) and fixed fees*||
|Non US Citizen Nonresident Tuition (15 credits) and fixed fees*||
|Books and supplies (estimate)||
Refer to quarterly class schedule
*Tuition is subject to change due to State Legislative actions