Associate in Technical Arts
The ATA program in Accounting provides students with necessary skills to compete for entry level accounting positions in private industry, local government, and public accounting firms.
Students who successfully complete this program should be able to:
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks in the service of the business public.
- Assist in the production of financial reporting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Assist in the conduct of audits in accordance with generally accepted audit standards (GAAS).
- Demonstrate familiarity with the application of computer accounting information systems software (AIS).
- Assist in the determination and disposition of tax liability as it applies to individuals and business entities.
- Prepare industry standard written and oral communications to include the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Successfully complete qualification examinations for Certified Professional Bookkeeper (CPB).
Recommended Course Schedule
Students should have typing skills of 35wpm and previous accounting experience/education before beginning program or take BTEC 100 or 101 and ACCT 110/12 prior to beginning.
Fall Quarter, First Year
|ACCT& 201||Principles of Accounting I||5|
|BTEC 214||Excel I||5|
|HR 110||Human Relations-Workplace||5|
Winter Quarter, First Year
|ACCT& 202||Principles of Accounting II||5|
|BTEC 210||Word I||5|
|BUS 121||Business Math*||5|
Spring Quarter, First Year
|ACCT& 203||Principles of Accounting III||5|
|BTEC 221||Business Communications**||5|
|HLTH 130||Health & Wellness|
|HLTH 140||Exercise & Nutrition|
|HLTH 145||Safety & Fitness||3|
Fall Quarter, Second Year
|ACCT 260||Individual Income Tax||5|
|ACCT 220||Accounting Informations Systems||5|
|BUS 215||Principles of Finance||5|
Winter Quarter, Second Year
|ACCT 240||Business Entity Tax||5|
|ACCT 270||Payroll Accounting||5|
|BUS& 201||Business Law||5|
Spring Quarter, Second Year
|ACCT 210||Intro to Audit||5|
|ACCT 285||Accounting Cert. Course||5|
|BUS 275||Principles of Mgmt***||5|
Students interested in fulfilling BASAM program admission requirements must take *MATH 146, **ENGL& 101, and ***SPEE 110 or 220.