Associate in Technical Arts
The ATA program in Accounting provides students with skills and public certifications necessary to be competitive in selection for employment in private industry, government, and public accounting firms.
Students who successfully complete this program should be able to:
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks in the service of the business public.
- Assist in the production of financial reporting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Assist in the conduct of audits in accordance with generally accepted audit standards (GAAS).
- Demonstrate familiarity with the application of computer accounting information systems software (AIS).
- Assist in the determination and disposition of tax liability as it applies to individuals and business entities.
- Prepare industry standard written and oral communications to include the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Successfully complete qualification examinations for Certified Professional Bookkeeper (CPB).
Recommended Course Schedule
Fall Quarter, First Year
|ACCT& 201||Principles of Accounting I||5|
|BTEC 210||Word I||5|
|HR 110||Human Relations-Workplace||5|
Winter Quarter, First Year
|ACCT& 202||Principles of Accounting II||5|
|BTEC 214||Excel I||5|
|BUS 121||Business Math||5|
|BTEC 221||Business Communications|
|ENGL& 101||English Composition||5|
Spring Quarter, First Year
|ACCT 130||Basic Computer Accounting||3|
|ACCT& 203||Principles of Accounting III||5|
|HLTH 130||Health & Wellness|
|HLTH 140||Exercise & Nutrition|
|HLTH 145||Safety & Fitness||3|
Fall Quarter, Second Year
|ACCT 260||Individual Income Tax||5|
|BUS& 101||Intro to Business||5|
|BUS 215||Principles of Finance||5|
Winter Quarter, Second Year
|ACCT 240||Business Entity Tax||5|
|ACCT 270||Payroll Accounting||3|
|BUS& 201||Business Law||5|
Spring Quarter, Second Year
|ACCT 210||Intro to Audit||5|
|ACCT 285||Bookkeeper Cert. Course||5|
|BUS 275||Principles of Mgmt||5|